Skip to main content

Ragnarok and Roll


RIP to my blog

This is my final blog post (thank the lord), and seen as it’s the last one it’s probably going to be worse than the other 4 posts combined. 

So on Tuesday or Wednesday I went to see the new Thor film with my friend Lynn (there’s the shout out you asked for) and it was Hela good.  If you’ve seen the film you’ll get that terrible joke.

For anyone that doesn’t know me, even though I’m almost 1000% sure only my friends and family read this, I really like Marvel films, so did actually have high expectations for this film, and I wasn’t disappointed.

I’ll start off with the things I liked:

It was very very funny, Jeff Goldblum is in it, Cate Blanchett is in it, there’s a fight scene to Immigrant song by Led Zeppelin which is pretty cool, the Hulk v Thor scene is also really cool, and it’s colourful and nice to look at.

Things I didn’t like:

Jeff Goldblum isn’t in it enough, neither is Cate Blanchett, and some of the British accents are distractingly bad.
If I had to rank all of the MCU films I'd say this sits nicely in the middle, even out of the films released this year, it isn’t better than Spiderman Homecoming but it’s a lot better than Guardians of the Galaxy Volume 2.

For anyone who cares, my top 3 favourite Marvel films are:

1.       Captain America: The Winter Solidier

2.       Avengers Assemble

3.       Captain America: Civil War

You can tell I’m trying really hard to reach the word count on this blog.

 

Overall Grade: 70%
Image result for thor ragnarok poster

 
PS. Thanks to everyone who read my blog, you’ve helped me pass my course and I promise when I’m a super-rich billionaire film critic I’ll remember you helped me achieve my dreams.

 

Comments